Tree Cutting Services: Everyone has fond memories of a specific tree in their childhood or adult experiences. However, if the tree starts to become a threat to the surrounding, it is reasonable to cut it down. Such a decision might seem easy, but you will require professional intervention to handle the procedure accordingly. In this article, you will learn a few aspects related to tree cutting services.
When to Cut Down Trees: There are a couple of reasons that define the best period to cut down a tree. The main reason behind the idea of cutting down a tree is a dead tree. However, some factors might prompt one to cut down the tree. Some of these aspects include:
- Shallow roots: If you notice that the roots of your tree are growing on the surface rather than in the ground, this means that the tree is having trouble managing with the land. It is better to remove such a tree since there is a significant risk of falling during bad weather
- Lack of a green underneath on the bark: A healthy tree must have a green underneath if when the upper parts have dried off, and it is preparing for extreme weather. You should perform a scratch test to determine whether the underneath is healthy.
- Signs of stress: If a tree is stressed, small shoots start to grow at the base. Such a sign shows that there is something wrong.
Before you decide that a particular tree needs cutting, it is recommended to seek professional services to have it assessed to determine whether cutting is the last resort to the problem at hand.
Tree Cutting Techniques and Tips: A tree cutting procedure should consider safety and efficiency. The cutting procedure is as follows:
- Knock the tree with an ax to find whether there is a dry spot. If the sound is hollow, it means that the tree has dried off at the particular spot and could be an ideal spot to make your cut
- Look for a perfect location to fall the tree. Try picking a level place where there the tree can roll and bounce without injuring anyone
- Start cutting the tree horizontally. The best point to cut should not be higher than your hip since the tree will fall perpendicularly to the horizontal cut and can be dangerous if it is a bit higher
- Once you have made a horizontal cut, make a wedge cut to have something close to a slice of orange. Put a sticker on the other side of the horizontal cut to make a straight cut.
- Make a horizontal cut at the back with at least 1.5 inches above the horizontal cut to achieve the best result, place a wedge on the cut to avoid having the tree settling on the chainsaw
- Finally, cut the cut deeper towards the other end and continue wedging it until the tree starts to fall. Make sure that you are ready enough to run towards a safe distance to avoid serious injuries.
Why Choose Professional Tree Cutting Services? Trying to cut down a tree by yourself cannot be as effective as how a professional tree cutting service would do. Below are a few reasons why you need to consider a professional tree cutting service.
- Professionals are more acquainted with safety precautions that you need to consider
- Professionals will prevent damages to your property
- Involving a professional will reduce the cost which you could have incurred when you get severe injuries while handling the process all by yourself
- Professional tree cutting services have the right machines for the task at hand
It is necessary to cut down a tree as soon as possible to reduce possible risks and expenses. However, not all companies that offer tree cutting services are reliable. You need to choose a service provider who has quality machines and has a positive reputation for providing quality services to get the best results.